Thank you for your curiosity in our project and for considering making a donation which helps provide Manitoba families who are financially vulnerable with a gift of baby clothing and baby items. Whether you are an individual, workplace or a group; have a complete or partial donation, we will work with you to provide a meaningful volunteer experience.
PARTIAL DONATION: If you do not have a complete donation (meaning a full set of baby clothing from 0-18 months plus three baby items), please visit our Partial Donations page, to learn more about how our Donation Coordinators makes and delivers a complete gift on your behalf.
1) Are you willing to donate at minimum, enough once-loved/new newborn to 18 month sized baby clothes to cover a family’s basic needs for the first year of baby’s life? This amounts to approximately 2 extra large gift bags, including a range of play clothes and sleepwear. Other high need clothing items include baby clothes in sizes bigger than 18 months, outerwear, footwear.
*General guideline only. Please try to include the amount of clothes that a family would need who would do laundry 1x a week.
-For the first three size categories, 0-3m, 3-6m, and 6-9m, we usually include approx. 7 pyjamas, 5 casual bottoms, 5 casual tops, random number of socks, and one or two more special or matching outfits for each stage. So for example, the 0-9m range would contain a total of approx. 21 sets of p.j.s., 15 pairs of casual bottoms and so on.
-For the next two size categories, 9m-12m and 12-18m, we usually include 7 pyjamas, 5-10 casual bottoms, 5-10 casual tops, socks/undies, and 2-5 special or matching outfits of each size. So for example, the 9m-18m range would contain a total of approx. 14 sets of p.j.s., 10-20 bottoms and so on.
2) Are you willing to donate at minimum, 3 other high-need gently used/new baby items? For example: diapers/wipes, baby carrier, stroller, breastfeeding items, blankets/bedding, bath/feeding items, car seat items (no car seats please, unless brand new), and toys/books. Unless specifically requested by the family, please do not donate formula or nursing covers. To see our complete list of items to donate visit What to Donate.
3) Are you willing to contact the family in need directly to arrange delivery?
4) Are you willing to package the donation in a way that resembles a baby gift? This is the fun and creative part; either decorating cardboard boxes or plastic storage bins, or wrapping presents, or using a gift bag. You can decide how your gift looks.
5) Are you willing to attach our greeting card and resources to the gift? We will mail the resources to you unless you prefer to pick it up from us at 31 Woodview Bay (we are 2 minutes from Assiniboine Zoo and Ikea). In addition to our card, you are welcome to, but not obligated to include your own card and message to the family.
6) Are you willing to keep the family’s personal information private?
7) Are you willing to include a separate gift (new or gently used) for any siblings the family in need may have? Even a single book, art supplies, puzzle or small stuffed animal can make the new big brother or sister feel really special during this time of adjustment to the new baby.
If you answered yes to the above questions visit our For Donor Families or For Donor Groups pages. Once received, we will be in touch either to answer your questions (be sure to check our FAQs section first) or if you don’t have any questions, once we find a family in need for you to prepare a gift for. Thank you so much!!!